Friday, January 22, 2010

SPIFR

Right now, I would not fly single pilot IFR. I am not proficient (or current, I should get on that.) A few weeks ago Dilpreet had me shoot the ILS into Ogden. Wow, did I suck. If I was proficient I might consider it. If I was solo and the weather looked like it was getting close to minimums, it would be a no go decision.
I really think that another person in the plane would help. You would really have to be careful if the person was not a pilot. I know some people that I would not want sitting next to me at the controls.
One thing that I got from this article was to bring a hand held radio. I don't know if I will ever actually go out and buy one, but it would be nice to get clearance before startup.

No comments:

Post a Comment